March 03, 2009

The Money Conversation



So my day is often filled with a running commentary as I like to call it. Parker talks to me all day long. The few times that I get tired of talking he will say "Mommy talk to me."

The other day he was asking where Daddy was. I replied that he was at work. He then asks me why daddy is at work. I proceed to tell him that Daddy goes to work to make money so that we can pay our bills. I tried explaining that is cost money to turn on the lights, heat and water. This did not seem to be getting through so I tried a different approach.

I asked him where money came from and he said "Your purse." You gotta love it. I thought it was real cute. I then tried to describe how daddy's money goes in the bank account and mommy goes to the bank to get money.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

My kids think that's where money comes from too. Funny.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

such cute thoughts by kids!!

money is hard for me who is 25 to understand, I cant imagine being 3.5 and trying!