March 27, 2009

A craft project


Each day Parker will ask "where are we going today?" I asked him if he liked going places or just like doing things like crafts. He replied that he liked crafts. So I decided I would try to include more crafts in our daily activities. I had picked up a bunch of pine cones in the yard and had some bird seed lying around. I thought it would be fun to make the birds a treat.

So we coated the pine cones in peanut butter mixed with oatmeal, and then rolled in bird seed. I asked Parker to help and all of a sudden my boy who loves to play in the dirt was concerned about getting dirty. He told me to do it. Preston thought it was a snack for him and tried to eat it a few times.


We hung them outside where we could keep an eye on them. Stanley thought he would wait real close for the bait. Incidentally he caught a bird. I got mad at him and wouldn't let him outside for 2 days. He has since been outside and no more birds. We haven't seen much activity and I have decided word got back to the birds "Watch out for those pine cones, they have a cat that watches."

Can't the birds and cats just get along? Stanley has an endless bowl of yummy cat food.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Fun project. I wish we had big trees like yours to hang bird feeders in.