January 05, 2012

A weekend with Grammy Rayburn

As I sit here in my sweat shirt with the heater going and snow on the ground outside, it is kind of fun to be 6 months behind on my blog and remembering those hot and carefree days of summer. Anyway I still want to catch up.

Jim's sister Laura had a baby this past September. We traveled to Morgantown for a day to go to her babyshower and spend some time with Grammy.

This is Preston at the shower. Since all of the women were participating in the shower that left the responsibility to Uncle John to watch his kids and he allowed my 2 boys to tag along too. The refreshments were too tempting to keep the kids away the whole time. Preston is enjoying a balloon and you can see the leftovers from something yummy on his face.
Is Grandpa's corn on steroids? No he planted field corn next to the sweet corn. It sure looks extra tall compared to sweet corn. It was a good year for corn and we got to sample some while we were there.
The Rayburn's had a beautiful garden. I especially liked the pretty flowers.
We piled in Grammy's Subaru to go do chores. I have always enjoyed tagging along with Sue visiting and seeing the animals. Parker loves to throw the ball for the dogs to chase and I helped with Molly, Sue's horse.

These next pictures are of Molly. Molly recently went to run with the ponies in the sky.

It was a fun afternoon. Glad we live to close to family to be able to spend time with them

No comments: