January 15, 2012

1st Day of School

We always had a tradition of standing by the door and getting our picture taken on the 1st day of school. I have continued the tradition with my boys.

I was glad to see school come again. Parker does well with a schedule and I am a laid back parent and find it hard to put myself on a schedule. Plus he is a busy boy and school is good to challenge him and fulfill his social needs.

Parker started 1st grade year. His teacher is Miss Muir. She looks quite young, but does an excellent job with the kids. I really like some of the ways that she gets their attention and the ways she handles misbehaving.

We enrolled Preston in Preschool at the Presbyterian Church in Tyrone. He goes Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. He has the same teacher that Parker had, Mrs White. It is a small group. There are only 4 of them there, but he seems to be enjoying himself and is learning to write.

I stooped down to his level and he thought he need to squat down too.
This is outside the classroom.

Since both boys are in school this had given Mom some free time. For the first little while I was going to radiation every morning. One of the other moms was great to help out with car pooling. I would drop the kids off and she would pick up.

Now that I have finished with radiation this is how I am spending my extra time. On Monday's I come back home and clean or do other chores around the house. Tuesday's I go to the Humane Society to volunteer. I have been cleaning out kitty cages and I love it! The cats love the attention and interact with you as you are cleaning and giving them fresh food and water. Wednesday's I go to Weight Watchers to weigh in and listen to the meeting. Then I have a very short time to run errands. I am liking my extra time.

No comments: