January 15, 2012

I survived Chemo Party!

After finishing 16 rounds of chemo, it called for a celebration. I had wanted to get a cake from the grocery store, the ones with the whipped cream frosting are so yummy. At first I was just going to do it with our little family of 4. I had wanted to invite all those that had helped out or prayed for me, but was not up to the task of having that many people over to my house. The more I thought about it, I realized I wanted to celebrate with my extended family. So I talked to my mom.

We came up with a date. I wanted to be able to enjoy the food, so we waited the standard few days afterwards so that the metallic taste had left. I picked the menu and even invited a good friend from high school, Stacey. My mom had the party at her house. It was a great day! Here are some of our memories from that day.

I was having hot flashes, or maybe just overly warm from getting everything ready for the day. Do you notice my dewy sheen?

This is the type of picture you get, when your 6 year old takes the picture. He usually does well, but it looks like he was being goofy.
We had a pasta bar. Pasta is my favorite food. I can eat it and never get tired of it. And I do eat it at least once a week if not more.
We wanted to take a picture of the cake. It started out with my cute nieces and son and morphed into this.
Thanks again mom! It was a great celebration. The food was yummy and the company great!

No comments: