November 06, 2011

Summer Reading 2011



We are avid participators in our local library. I get excited for the summer reading program. There are fun things to do and prizes to be earned for reading. Both boys are still in the read to me group, which means that all we have to do is I read them books from the library and record the title and pages read.

In the past there is 1 family that is the over achievers and read, read, read. Parker had set a goal to have 100 stories read to him. I am proud to admit that we read 167 book this year! We didn't come in 1st. Our over achiever must be getting a life, cause they didn't even break 200 books this year. Next year we might be in the running for 1st place!

We went to t-shirt decorating night. They had cute iron transfers to do, but my boys wanted to play with the paints. Preston got carried away with the paint and refuses to wear his shirt because it is so stiff from all the paint. This diserves a picture to show you, but I don't have one. Parker wanted the world to know that he loves his mother. His shirt reads "I love Mom." He also refuses to wear his art work.

I took a picture on closing night with the librarians, Miss Jessica and Miss Judie.
I also want to add that I was in charge of the adult summer reading program. We did a chocolate night, complete with a chocolate fountain and a closing party with a belly dancer. Both nights were a lot of fun for the folks that attended.

No comments: