January 05, 2009

Making Applesauce

I am a little slow in my blog updates. It took me forever to upload the pictures from my camera. I made applesauce in November with my Grandma Belva and Parker. Grandma helped in all parts of the process. Her first job was to cut the apples, she was really fast.
Parker loved to "Smash and Crash" a term from one of his favorite books. After the apples cook they go into the strainer that separates the skins and seeds and out comes applesauce.

We ended up doing 3 bushels of apples on this day. I think we made about 25 quarts and a little left over for eating.
It was a long day and I was wore out by the end. Parker only looks somewhat wore out here. Thanks Grandma for helping. We couldn't have done it without you. She cut the apples, stirred them on the stove, made sure the scrap bowl didn't over flow and was wonderful company the entire time.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I hadn't seen a strainer like that before. That looks so handy!