May 08, 2011

Thanksgiving




Thanksgiving appears to be the bigger holiday in my family. Not sure if it has anything to do with deer season being tagged on the end or what. This seems be the holiday that brings my siblings home. This past year was no different. In fact all 5 of us got to be together, which is kind of rare these days.

My brother Ben loves to hunt and loves to talk hunting, so it would only be natural for him to bring a friend home to come hunting. We loved this friend even more, because they shared a delicious chocolate tradition with us. A chocolate cornucopia filled with more chocolate goodies. It was wonderful.

Having all of the siblings home also meant that there would be a house full of grand kids. They loved dancing to music and playing together.

The kids had so much fun playing with each other.

When I was younger we ate Thanksgiving at several different tables around the room. We always had a "kids" table. Towards my latter years it was kind of dreaded to have to sit at the kids table, when one wanted to be apart of the adult conversation with the aunts and uncles that are so rarely scene. Plus those aunts and uncles always seemed to take quite an interest in my comings and goings. My Mom has a large table, but not big enough enough to accomdate everyone around the same table. Besides the kids seem wolf down the food and then there are vacant spots at the the table, so we use a kids table.


Deer season makes for a long weekend for me. I have never been one to get excited about hunting. Most schools in PA close down for the first day of the season because many students would end up taking off to hunt. Jim would often get wrapped in the excitement of hunting. Everyone works together to help each other out. They even plan to break for lunch together.

Oh and my sister brought home her roommate from Korea, so what was one more? I have to laugh though, She was a sweet girl, but would come and get a drink rinse out of the cup and put it back in the cupboard. I was constantly putting her cup in the dishwasher.

No comments: