May 09, 2011

Dad




There is a primary song that goes, "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home, glad as I can be."

This song takes on new meaning when you are a stay at home Mom. It signals the cavalry coming to offer relief. There would now be a chance to make a phone call uninterrupted or to sneak in a little nap without having to worry about what one will wake up to. It also signals the relief that someone else is there to help with discipline or entertaining.

The boys get just as excited for this time of day as I do. They will often run and hide when they hear Dad's car pull into the driveway. I must admit that I never get the same sort of homecoming that Jim does. And the boys never seem to tire of Jim. Given the choice they will often choose to spend their time with him than me.

No comments: