February 11, 2009

Our little brushers


My boys love to brush their teeth. This is kind of a new thing and it is a good thing. Tonight they were brushing their teeth and it was time for bed and they wanted to keep brushing and brushing and brushing. It certainly is a good habit to get into at an early age.

Parker went to the Dentist with me a few weeks ago. The boys are my side kicks and go many places with me. Parker has been going to Dentist with me since he was born. I always took him to cleanings and in a pinch he has even accompanied me to a cavity appointment. My Dentist's office is really good about that.

This past trip, the idea was for Parker to sit in the chair and get his teeth looked at by the hygienist. We decided ahead of time that we could go to Wendy's after wards if he sat in the chair and let Brenda (the hygienist) look in his mouth. Brenda let him pick out at least 20 prizes before he got started. She supplied him and Preston with 4 new toothbrushes and Sponge Bob toothpaste. After a little prodding and turning on the TV, he sat in my lap and let Brenda look at his teeth. The Dentist came in and said "looks good." I was very relieved.

The boys have already managed to lose one set of tooth brushes. We broke out the new ones tonight. Dad gave them a little talk about how the tooth brushes need to stay in the bathroom at all times. Hopefully these last longer than 2 weeks. Yep, they got so involved brushing that they walked into another room with tooth brush in hand and now we can't find them any where.

2 comments:

PennStateMama said...

My kids still fight brushing... It is so great that your kids love it! I hope they have great teeth their entire lives. My poor son has lots of experience in the dentist chair- no fun at all.

Jenny said...

That's cute (and reminds me that I need to take my boy to the dentist).