February 17, 2009

Read me a story

I try to read to my boys every day. Yesterday as I was reading to Parker, my voice started to go as I have a cold right now. I said to Parker, "Why don't you read to Mommy". I was expecting him to tell me the general story or tell me about the pictures. My little boy who is 3 1/2 recited most of the story to me. I couldn't believe my ears. I would point to a word and ask him if he knew what word it was and he had no clue. So he has memorized the books. Amazing to me. Even the books from the library that have only been read a handful of times he knew. Wow.

I wonder how much he has picked up from TV or music in the background. I now really believe that their little minds are sponges absorbing everything around them.

This is one of the books he "read" to me.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Kids are so amazing - they really pick up things so quickly. Looks like you had fun in the snow - we are getting more now as I type ;)