November 06, 2011

Delgrosso's





Delgrosso's is 15 minutes from our house. We frequently drive by it and each time Parker asks when we can go back. They have 1 day during the summer where students from the Tyrone Area School District go for free. Being the bargain shopper that I was, we decided to go.

The boys love Delgrosso's. I like it too. All the kids rides are in one area and there are benches in the middle. I would find a good spot to sit down and the boys would go from ride to ride. You only have to pay admission if you are riding the rides, another nice perk.

Parker is getting to the point where he wants to explore some of the bigger people rides. There is one ride called the Yo-Yo. He was a little nervous the first time, but he kept wanting to go back. I think it is one of his favorites.

The stinkers insist on grabbing maps of the park at local places of business and at the park. They want to constantly look and see where they are and where the rides are located.


There is also a fun lion's head drinking fountain.



Mom was brave and tried a few of the grown up rides with them. They aren't big enough to go by themselves, but if an adult accompanies them they can ride. After each ride, Mom was found saying "Mommy didn't like that ride." A sign that I am getting old.

As I write this, summer is over and Thanksgiving is approaching. When we pass the park now, Parker wants to know why all the seats for the rides have been put up and why there is black plastic on the rides.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I don't like amusement rides any more either. They give me a headache, but I used to love them when I was a kid.