February 21, 2010

Great Wolf Lodge




In the beginning of December, Jim's company treated us to a weekend at the Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos. It was celebration for the Energycap having record level sales. There was a brief meeting that Jim had to attend, otherwise he was ours to hang out with.


I had never stayed in a resort, but I could definitely get used to something like that. They had entertainment going on most of the time. So you know at night when you want to do something, but there is nothing to do, this place had it all. And you didn't even have to leave the hotel to do any of it.

I was really excited to go to an indoor water park and wondered about stripping down to a bathing suit in December, but the place is kept pretty warm. Kind of reminds you of those rain forests I have been to in a museum.

The Poconos is about 3 hours from us. We decided to cut out trip in half by going a 2 hours the night before and then getting there somewhat early on Sat morning. Parker was very excited to be staying in a hotel. The hotel had an exercise room and I took the boys down to run out some of their energy while I did a little excercise. We did not go swimming that night because we didn't want to deal with wet suits.

Parker was so excited to wear his bathing suit that he wore that day to drive to the resort. We arrived around 11 am. The prime time for check out from the night before. The place was packed. Once we were checked in we could access the water park.

Jim's work picked up the tab for our meals. The food was yummy. Although I had to sign to slip for lunch and with a tip it came to over $55. Dinner and breakfast were served buffet style with several choices to pick from. My favorite was the pasta station. I even went back for seconds. In the morning the pasta station was replaced with an omelet station. The picture below is of the dining area.



The water park is really geared for kids. There were a ton of things for kids to do and a handful of rides for adults. The rides for the adults were enough for me. After a spinning a few times I had had enough. I used to love this sort of thing, but after having babies I get a head ache all too soon. I guess then I can concentrate on my boys having a fun time instead. Parker had a blast. Preston is not quite the water loving boy that Parker is. He tended to be Daddy's boy. He would do the lazy river. I tired to take in the kiddie area and as soon as we entered the water the life guards closed it down due to someone having an accident.



The rooms were spectactular. The kids had bunk beds with their own tv. They thought this was great and so did I. Did I mention the night before we had an awful time getting them to sleep. They were so excited to be in hotel. And we had to go to bed when they did because they wouldn't sleep with any distractions. At least here I could watch my own tv show.


Did I mention that my wrist band that got me into the water park had a chip in it that unlocked our room? How cool is that?

When it was time to leave the next morning, we were all tired and rested in the car on the way back home as Jim drove us. What a fun weekend!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Looks and sounds like a fun place to visit. Glad you had a good time :)