September 09, 2008

Ag Progress Days

Ag Progress Days takes place in Rock Springs, PA, which is 15 minutes from my house. I use any excuse that I can to hang out with my family. So anything that gets them to come to my neck of the woods we will tag along or feed them dinner or least offer a clean pit stop.

I enjoy Ag Progress Days. It is nice to walk around and I have to get my milk shake each year. For those of you asking what is this all about? Penn State sponsors 3 days of vender's, demonstrations, and good food for the area. This is particularly exciting for farmers as they can see a lot in one place and talk to different sales people and get new ideas. By 4 pm the place had cleared out, because everyone had to get home to do chores or milk the cows.

We met up with my Dad, Lee and Courtney and the girls. Parker and Lilly had great fun jumping on these cow mats. Aren't you glad the cows comfort is kept in mind?




Lilly was quick to show Parker how the feeding stalls worked. Complete with mooing sounds.
Most tractors come standard with an extra seat for a child, lonely spouse or friend to ride along and keep you company, or maybe offer advice on how to drive.

Lilly saw these hats and had to had one. We were walking all over looking for a cow hat. We finally asked someone and it was a good thing we did, because we were headed in the wrong direction!!


More of the famous cow hats. The babies napped through the getting a cow hat. Did I mention they were really tricky to put together. Of course with 3 year olds they kept coming apart. Courtney and I were running short on patience by this point and then having to reassemble cow hats. Ugh.
If practiced milking the fake cow, they gave you a coupon for ice cream. Parker and Lilly both took a turn.


The end of the day. Everyone is tired and thirsty.

No comments: