April 14, 2013

Our Easter Celebration

Easter is my favorite holiday.  I enjoy it because it occurs during my favorite season of the year, spring.  I also like it for the meaning that everyone has a chance to be better.  Just like the spring bulbs that have survived the winter and are being born again, this is similar to the message of Easter.  We too can repent and be born again.  There is hope for warmer days ahead and hope for life. 
These are my crocuses.  They are the 1st to bloom.

As many of you know my husband keeps a busy schedule.  He wanted to fit in a shift at Centre Life Link Easter weekend and I wanted to be with him on Easter Sunday.  We decided that he would take a Saturday shift and we could be together on Easter Sunday.  The boys and I had planned to spend Good Friday and Saturday with my folks.  However Parker was running a fever, so we postponed our visit to Grandma and the cousins. 

We attended church together and had good meetings.  There was a special musical number in sacrament meeting.  The speaker, a woman, pointed out it was the women that saw the resurrected Christ first.  It was their job to go and tell the others. 
Our family Easter Picture.

We came home and I prepared a nice meal.  I now try to take pictures of the foods we eat to put on my Pampered Chef facebook page. 
Cornbread crusted Spanish Mackeral cooked in a tomato sauce, served over angel hair and home grown green beans. 
We finished off with buttermilk chocolate bunny cake. 

The following weekend we headed to Grandma's.  One thing we did was have an Easter egg hunt. 
On your mark get set, go.
And while the big kids were out gathering eggs, Leland was playing with marble works. 

Speaking of new births, check out these baby ducks.
And a brand new baby calf.



And all this playing with cousins and Easter egg hunts left 2 boys needing a nap.

No comments: