July 17, 2011

Easter





I love Easter. It is a sign of spring. All the bulbs are starting to bloom, hope after a long winter that spring is here and rebirth can happen.


One of the Easter traditions that I have kept is coloring Easter eggs. As time goes on I am discovering that the decorating is as much for the grown ups as it is with the kids. We got to do eggs twice!


Several eggs got broken in the process, since we had so many hands. Those "broken ones" were labeled for Pappy. It is great to have someone willing to eat the rejects.

The ball wrappers were a big hit! Notice my watermelon egg. Mom got this idea from one of her students.
Along with all this newness, is the excuse to get some new clothes for church.
Preston was under the weather so he didn't go to church. I couldn't get him to pose for a family picture.
This is what my wigs look like. It is so easy to take care of a wig. All I have to do is shake it real good and then put it on my head.
After church there is an egg hunt, which is tons of fun for the kids and the parents too.

Although not on Easter Sunday, I was able to get both boys together in their sharp Easter outfits, the next week.

No comments: