May 26, 2009

A brief Good Mom Moment


The job of mother is tough job. I tend to get wrapped up in the day to day tasks of feeding them, making sure they are dry, get their rest, and other basic needs met. If you ask me about being a Mom I will usually be honest and tell you that my boys run circles around me and that I am frazzled. This is true. So the other day I had a good Mom moment where I thought to myself..... this is fun! This isn't so bad. Maybe I will survive after all.

Parker got a new bike for his birthday and wanted to go for a ride. I enjoy riding my bike. Jim took Preston so it was just me and Parker. He was able to do it himself. He had so much fun! He laughed and had smile on his face the entire time. At that moment I relaxed and thought this is fun. I am enjoying this part of being a Mom.

Just wanted to share my happy thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had an enjoyable time. Life is wild and fun, enjoy the ride :)

PennStateMama said...

It is always nice when those moments happen, isn't it? There are times (granted- not as frequently as I would like) when I just look around with a smile on my face and think, "I want to remember this!"

Amanda said...

I think that kids get more fun when they can take care of the basics and you can go experience fun things together.

Jenny said...

Good mom moments are wonderful.